|1:35 JGSDF MCV TYPE 16,
JGSDF MCV TYPE 16
This scale model assembly kit recreates the Japan Ground Self Defense Force (JGSDF) Type 16, which reached units beginning in 2017. An 8-wheel vehicle, the JGSDF classify it as a Maneuver Combat Vehicle (MCV), a highly mobile and well-armed vehicle intended to provide supporting fire and take on enemy armor as a part of rapid response units. Its domestically designed L/52 105mm rifled gun is a low-recoil piece with perforated muzzle brake and a fire control system to enable accurate firing on the move. Rolled steel turret and hull employ modular and spaced armor estimated to be able to survive frontal hits from 20-30mm class guns and portable anti-tank weapons. Thanks to its 570hp engine, the 26-ton Type 16 has a top speed of around 100km/h and significant range; it looks set to provide a major boost to JGSDF units as its rollout continues.
• 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 241mm.
• Refined, angular surfaces have an uncomplicated parts breakdown without sacrificing detail.
• Realistically rendered underside features steerable front wheel pairs.
• Clear parts are used to recreate light lenses and periscope components, plus goggles.
• Rubber tires feature authentic sidewall shapes and tread patterns.
• Comes with 2 figures (one commander and one gunner) for installation in the model.
• 3 decal marking options.