|1:48 SWISS MESSERSCHMITT BF109 E-3,
Tamiya is delighted to announce this new variation of the popular Bf109 E-3 kit.
The Messerschmitt Bf109 was undoubtedly one of the most famed German WWII aircraft; what some may not be aware of is that neutral Switzerland purchased around eighty Bf109 E-3 planes and during WWII operated them as their main fighters. From September 1944 onwards they were adorned with red and white patterns in an effort to avoid their being misidentified as German Luftwaffe aircraft and shot down by the Allies.
The E-3 featured a 1,100hp Daimler Benz DB601Aa engine that provided plenty of power.
About the Model
• Please note that this model will be sold in a "white box format" with a label on the front.
• This is a 1/48 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 183mm.
• The Bf109 form with slimline fuselage, streamlined fuselage and relatively small wing are recreated in style.
• A separately molded engine cowl accurately depicts that of the real aircraft.
• Features a realistic cockpit with canopy that can be assembled open or closed, plus a pilot figure to go inside.
• Dedicated decals for two Swiss aircraft are included.
• Includes a dedicated cover story in Japanese, English, German and French.