|1:48 BRITISH TANK CHALLENGER 2,
This model kit recreates the British Main Battle Tank Challenger 2 in compact 1/48 scale. The Challenger 2 featured an engine based on that of the Challenger 1 (Britain’s main battle tank during the Gulf War), double-pin, double-block tracks and newly designed turret. Its deployment started in 1994, and about 120 Challenger 2s were in service as the main tank of the 7th Armored Brigade in Iraq War in 2003.
• 1/48 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 243mm, width: 84mm.
• The new mold authentically captures the form of Challenger 2 with canvas skirts on side hull, square muffler cover and Combat Identification Panels.
• Moving main gun features realistic elevation.
• Weld lines and side skirt ripples are faithfully depicted.
• Features plastic chassis.
• Assembly type tracks have one-piece straight sections.
• Metal chassis weight gives the model a realistic heavy feel.
• One commander torso figure at the cupola hatch is included.
• Comes with one marking option to depict a vehicle which took part in the 2003 invasion of Iraq.